FRIDAY NIGHT – St Gilles
- You’ll settle for two nights in a bery comfortable B&B. For up to eight people together, the Roman baths, after specific booking, are available to the B&B customers. The baths are built into former wine vats, reproducing Roman examples found in a wealthyin the remains of Gallo-Roman mansion. This realization, unique in Europe, includes: a cloakroom (Apodytérium), a warm bath (Tepidarium), a steam (Caldarium), a covered cold swimming pool (Frigidarium) and a sporting room (Palestre).
- Your dinner will be served at a restaurant in Saint Gilles.
SATURDAY– Beaucaire – Nîmes – St Gilles
- The Mas des Tourelles welcomes you for an outstanding visit. You’ll start to wander the Roman garden that literates you on the cultural methods of this period. You’ll uncover the remains of a Roman amphorae manufacture.
- Your visit will carry on by the reconstructed Roman cellar still operational. Eventually, you’ll be invited to taste wines made and aromatized on site according to recommendations made by Roman authors.
- Lunch at a good restaurant in Beaucaire.
- For the afternoon, you’ll go to Nîmes, the Roman town by excellence thanks to :the Maison Carrée (a mansion), the Tour Magne(a watch tower) at th heart of Jardins de la Fontaine(Roman baths, and of course, the famous bullfight place.
- You’ll have dinner at a gourmet restaurant downtown Nîmes.
- Second overnight at your B&B in Saint Gilles.
SUNDAY– Sernhac – Vers Pont du Gard
- A local organization welcomes you in Sernhac for a commented visit of tunnels, roman remains, which used to take the water to the city of Nîmes.
- Eventually, you’ll discover the fabulous site of site du Pont du Gard (still standing Roman aqueduct), registered to the world heritage by l'UNESCO since 1985.
- You’ll have lunch at "Les Terrasses"restaurant facing the sumptuous aqueduct.
- You’ll have access to the whole site installations: the museum, the movie theater the scrubland memory walk ("Mémoires de Garrigue"), The Gardon river banks…
An exceptional weekend tracking Romanism over the Gard land: You’ll go around the remains of the Roman period in Nîmes and the Pont du Gard. You’ll be lodging at an atypical B&B that supplies Roman baths to visitors. You’ll also get the opportunity to uncover the reconstruction, unique worldwide, of a Roman cellar still operational.
Hélène Nogueira, founder of AVINTOUR, will welcome you upon your arrival and explain you all the details that you may need for your stay.
She will be your personal contact for all your stay in Gard land. She will also hand over you your road book: this is your actual travel guide. You’ll find in it the different steps of your course, the GPS location of the meeting points, addresses and phone numbers of each of our service providers, as well as all your booking details and access tickets.
- Lodging for 2 nights in premium B&B, access to Roman baths,breakfast included.
- 4 meals(2 lunches and 2 dinners) at places that garantee cooking fresh, local and sesonal products, selected by AVINTOUR.
- All entrance fees, visits and tasting sessions mentioned in the included agenda
Does not include:
- Transportations and transfers.
- Beverages within meals.
- Personal expenses.
- Any other service not mentioned in the included agenda.